Wednesday, March 3, 2010

March Madness!!






















Classes start March 8th at our new Training Center..

Television Show "Marcella Ellis Glam Review" DCTV March begins shooting....

March 20th the first day of SPRING!!!



Hello all! March is here and it is time for me to update you all on a few things. I didn't write in the month of February but I am going to get better. I am going to try to blog once a month, at the beginning of each month that is...


Well I am happy to say during the snow storm I lost an extra 15 pounds. Mostly sleeping and not exerting a lot of energy. I wasn't eating very much could have been stress but anyway... its off. BYE BYE!! My friends say its not good to loose weight that way by not eating, that's probably true. However, I am just glad to have lost it by any means necessary. Now the trick is trying to keep it off. Plenty off Exercise!!! Dieting plays a big part in the health of our hair as well. I was not consuming many calories while I was home during the storm because I wasn't eating much. I tried to supplement my nutrition intake by taking one a day. I have also increased my protein intake by taking those new protein shakes by special k which they say controls your appetite as well..

I had Lisa my assistant put a weave in my hair. We got a new shipment of raw Indian, Virgin, Human, Remy hair in stock, and we are loving it. It is soft, and does not tangle at all. I jumped in the shower and washed my hair again last week, and I had this body wavy look going on. I thought I was Pocahontas.... This is the longest I have ever worn a weave. I have actually had it in since January and it is now March...

As far as health care, I have been experimenting lately in the salon, mixing protein in jars making different compositions of conditioners. Some of my new clients as well as old clients have been experiencing extreme dry and brittle hair. I contribute the dry season as well as the hard water we have running through our faucets throughout the metro area to this problem. I have been studying different natural ingredients that add luster and moisture to the hair both internally and externally. I bought gel Vitamin E tablets and have started cutting open the capsule and squeezing out the highly concentrated Vitamin E in the tablets to lubricate the scalp. My grandmother was always a fan of Vitamin E, she would use the extract on her skin as well as consume the tablets. Maybe that's one of the reason she looks so young even to this day at the age of 89. My grandmother was also a big fan of the aloe Vera cactus. I'm still studying the benefits of this tropical plant and how it can be used in our healthy hair care regimen. I have mixed a few of my favorite protein conditioners in one big jar and added carrot oil, olive oil, and Shea butter. We have been using this as our protein packs. For our moisturizing packs and hot oil soaks I have been using a few of my favorite combination conditioners and added Vitamin E to the mix. Stay tuned...I will fill you in next month with the results....


No comments: